Fernando López SorianoAttorney
Fernando López Soriano
Fernando graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Law from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). He has more than 8 years of experience in the Consultancy areas of leading employment law firms, advising national and transnational companies of all industries.
Since 2018, he renders his services in the Firm as an Associate of the labor consultancy area, having as main activities and specializations the following:
- General consultancy in individual and collective labor matters.
- Labor compliance audits (“Due Diligence”).
- Development of hiring schemes and elaboration/review of individual employment contracts.
- Elaboration and implementation of labor policies, as well as advice on the compliance of the obligations derived from NOM-035.
- Attention to processes of termination of the employment relationship, including terminations for cause, from the severance calculation to the execution of the employee’s termination.
- Advice regarding the review and legitimacy processes of collective bargaining agreements.
- Advice to national and transnational companies regarding the compliance of the obligations derived from the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Review, analysis and development of corporate restructuring and of services provision schemes in compliance with the recent Outsourcing Reform, as well as advice with the steps for their duly implementation, including mandatory requirements such as the registration of companies that provide specialized services or works in the REPSE platform before the Labor Ministry.
He has been a speaker at many forums in topics such as:
“NOM-035- Compliance and Business Implications” (Integrity and Legal Week 2020).
“Covid-19- Labor Obligations and Mitigation Strategies” (Labor Workshop for Directors of the Energy Sector 2020).
“Basics of Employment Law for Plastic Surgeons” (AMCPER Business School 2021).