Gabriel Pizá AvilésManaging Shareholder
Gabriel Pizá Avilés
Gabriel Pizá Avilés, is the Firm´s Managing Shareholder. He has been practicing labor counseling and litigation for over twenty four years. Previously, he was a partner of the leading Firm Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C.
He obtained his law degree from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
Gabriel´s practice areas and activities include:
- -Responsible of individual and collective labor litigation with high risk and contingency.
- He has developed many strategies regarding mergers, acquisitions and closures of several companies
- Pioneer of the first necessary joinder of defendants applicable to a labor matter.
- Collective negotiations with unions and confederations.
- He has provided his legal services to various national and multinational companies in labor litigation and counseling related to many industries such as pharmacy, aeronautic, petrochemical, automobile, transportation, telecommunication, among others.
- Experience managing expatriates.
- Litigation with Collegiate Circuit Courts.
- Precursor of judicial precedents issued by the Supreme Court of Justice.
He is a frequent speaker at many meetings and conferences with different associations such as National Association of Enterprise´s Attorneys (ANADE), Mexican Institute of Finance Executives (IMEF), Ius Laboris. Some of the exhibited topics are the following: Labor Audits, labor relationship termination proceedings, expatriates, he has also conducted client trainings on labor matters, detection of crimes committed by executives and the termination of their labor relationship.
He has published many articles and essays on a variety of employment related topics and during 2010, he was and editorial advisor for the Mexican Newspaper Reforma.
Recognized in the individual ranking of Chambers and Partners Latin America 2017